Inspired by the overall target of developing the performance of the Deanship, the idea of establishing a quality management system to obtain the ISO (9001:2008) has been initiated to fulfill the following goals:
1. Building a quality manual which stands as the reference component (benchmark) for all administrative processes.
2. Describe all work procedures for faculty and customers.
3 – Care for the satisfaction of the beneficiary of the services of the Deanship and access to fast and high-quality service.
4. Eliminate all service deficiencies through building a system that elucidates the sequence of procedural steps, the tasks and responsibilities.
5 - Ease of transactions retrieval through the system of record-keeping, which is one of the most important items of the ISO standards.
6 - Control all administrative processes in the Deanship, and the ease of evaluating the performance of departments.
7 - Constant commitment to quality through the submission of all operations for periodic monitoring by the international donor of the ISO (9001: 2008).
Phase 1: The idea of the project was presented by a meeting between the leaders of the Deanship and the Department of Development and Quality on 18/6/1432 H. The Development and Quality Department set the terms and conditions of the project.
Phase II: To carry out the project, “Masar Expert Group Limited” was selected. The Steering Committee was formed under the chairmanship of the Dean and the membership of both the Vice Dean and the Directors of the Deanship Departments. Representatives of Quality were selected at the Deanship.
Phase III: To establish the quality of performance, a group of coordinators representing each department in the Deanship was chosen to identify, revise, record and authenticate all processes through the directors of the departments.
Phase IV: Distribution of the quality system and its applications in all departments of the Deanship and then launching training sessions on how to implement the system.
Stage V: The stage of internal auditing of the system to ensure that all processes and procedures are compatible with the existing system of quality.
Phase VI: External Audit Phase.
Phase VII: Granting the Certificate
Quality Policy in the Deanship:
The Deanship's staff and employees are committed to communicate their strategy and mission to PSAU employees and all beneficiaries in general, by providing distinguished services that meet not only their requirements and satisfaction, but also exceed their expectations. This policy of declaring staff functions and continuously measuring their performance will confirm the efficiency and effectiveness of the executive departments of the Deanship and its units. Therefore, the Deanship adopts the implementation of quality management system in accordance with the international standard (ISO 9001: 2008), to achieve the following quality objectives:
- Spread the culture of quality in the Deanship.
- Introducing the values of the Deanship and its mission and objectives.
- Continuous improvement in the work of the Deanship.
- Contribution of all employees in the process of continuous improvement.
- Performance Assessment in the Deanship.
- Provision of facilities and support to work teams.
- Cooperation with the Deanship of Quality in the university in all aspects to ensure improving the quality of performance.
- Adopting best practices in this field and get benefitted from their applications.
- Enhancing communication between all administrative levels in the Deanship.
In order to monitor the effectiveness of the quality management system and the extent to which these objectives are achieved, the Deanship holds periodic meetings to review development, examine performance reports and take decisions to ensure continuity of quality policy, and accomplishment of Deanship objectives.
The Deanship also is committed to publish the quality policy in order that its services become accessible to the concerned staff and beneficiaries.